Skip to content
Advertisements

Just a little update

March 5, 2008

I’m home for a bit to shower and pack some stuff to take back to the hospital. Today is terribly boring and hard. All we can do is sit and wait. They check Sky’s vitals every two hours, which just sucks b/c she hates it, and it’s almost always just after she’s fallen asleep again. Poor thing just wants rest and comfort. She looks absolutely pathetic right now. She has eeked out maybe 3 or 4 smiles in the past two days, and they are weak smiles but you can see her sweetness behind them trying to come out. Every now and then if she’s napped well, she’ll kick her legs and reach out her arms at us like she wants to play. Yesterday they brought in a few toys so she can play with stuff while she lays there. They also brought the same aquarium crib soother that she has at home, so that is nice. The music seems to calm her, and I gotta say, I enjoy the music as well. It’s a nice change from the normal beeps of the machines at the hospital, and the heartbreaking sound of other sick kids in the PICU. It is just a sad place to be overall, and I can’t wait till this is all over and Skyler is back home safe and sound.

Thanks again to everyone for your prayers. Keep praying, because she’s got to get healthy for surgery, and then make it through that and recovery. I’m so fascinated and frightened at the surgery they plan to do. I don’t know how it’s possible but they are the experts. I just hope it can happen soon! Every second I worry how much longer her heart wants to keep working so hard…

Advertisements
11 Comments leave one →
  1. March 5, 2008 6:01 pm

I am thinking about you guys so much — wow!
    Many blessings to Sky!!!

2. Tracy permalink
    March 5, 2008 6:49 pm

Thinking so hard on you, Lori – I know that things are going to go well.

*hugs*

3. Paul Adams permalink
    March 5, 2008 6:53 pm

Hey Lori, I know what its like going down this road, but I also know of a nationally renowned Pediatric Cardiologist at Children’s Mercy – strongly recommend asking for him directly – Robert Ardinger. As I was a preteen with several heart issues, he practically became a member of our family.

I hope you are getting some rest, as that is just as important as Sky getting rest. I have added you to my church prayer list, and we won’t stop praying for your family until she is home and on her way to recovering.

I know we’ve known each other a short time, but I’ve been there and done that and know how hard it is on parents…Let me know if there is anything AT ALL that me and my wife can do for you – we’d be happy to help.

4. JoAnn permalink
    March 5, 2008 7:04 pm

You are all in our thoughts and prayers. May God continue to watch over all of you!

5. Cory permalink
    March 5, 2008 7:07 pm

My thoughts and blessings go out to your family and I hope that Skyler enjoys a quick recovery.

6. Huong permalink
    March 5, 2008 7:50 pm

Lori,

I heard about Skyler from Sterling yesterday. The first thing I responded to his email was crying and shocked since I just have met you two not long ago. I know it has been tough for you and Ronnie and Skyler in the last few days. I keep little Skyler and your guys in my prayers, and wish all the best will turn out for you all. It seems like Skyler has one of the best heart surgeons in the country to take care of her (according from what I heard from Terylan and Sterling) which makes the whole thing better. I wanted to call you but I know this is not the right time. We love you all and keep praying for the best. Our thoughts are with your family!

7. Terylan permalink
    March 5, 2008 8:03 pm

Lori – praying for all of you.
    Love Terylan

8. Amy B. permalink
    March 5, 2008 8:59 pm

We’re praying really hard for you all right now. Just think of how good Skyler is going to feel once this whole ordeal is behind her.

9. Brynn permalink
    March 5, 2008 10:00 pm

The Buist’s and Kent’s are sending their hugs and lots of love. We are thinking of you all every minute. We are praying for Skyler, her surgeons and both of you.

10. Jenni permalink
    March 5, 2008 10:24 pm

Lori –

I have not stopped thinking about you, Ronnie and Skyler. I can’t even imagine how difficult this must be on all of you.

Still, Skyler is lucky to have such strong, caring parents and the support of a great place like Children’s Mercy.

You’re all in my prayers!

11. Maria permalink
    March 6, 2008 10:15 pm

Lori*
    Skyler, you and Ronnie are constantly on my mind. So if you ever feel your ears tingling, that is probably me praying for you! Just to let you know I have got one heck of a prayer chain going for Ms. Sky. Keep your spirits up, and I know you will. Love you, Maria